Sunday, August 28, 2011

Salsa

28.08.11

I had my first class last Wednesday, a casual one and loved it. I actually understood what I was doing and understood the music. And I was half in-love with the dance instructor who had cool hands and smooth moves and a very seductive smile. Tango, compared to Salsa, was a bit stilted although I understood it as well. Actually going to a Salsa Milonga tonight, if that's the right term, made me fall in love with it. It's fast, fun, invigorating. I was hoping for a dance with the sexy instructor but was quite happy with the many partners I had. My mistake, holding out and hoping to dance with him by quitting dancing with Wayne, a Kiwi guy who's nice. The same way I do things in life, writing someone off because I like someone in particular. Still haven't learned my lesson. But doing all these has taught me all the lesson I need. And I am learning something new everyday. I guess that's what's important.

Tonight also made me realize there are so many options out there, there is so much fish in this wide ocean. I have just restricted my sights on the small horizon that is work, gym and home. The Latin dance world has so many like-minded souls. If I don't bump into anyone at all, I still would have enjoyed the ride and given it my best. And that's what's important. I want to spend the rest of my life laughing and dancing and having fun. It's not golf or any other pretentious sport that would make me laugh. It's the intoxicating beats of Latin music, the gyrating hips, the euphoric feeling brought by all these. Yes, this is my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment