Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Break

Two days out of surgery, here I am back in my bedroom, laying back like a queen. Food courtesy of Theodora, baby-sitting the other night courtesy of Marie's family. I have been instructed that anything which cannot be lifted with one hand should not be lifted. I am also supposed to be resting but I keep on looking at my bloating tummy and worry how much work needs to be done when I finally return to Les Mills. But the most pressing thought is the issue of true friendship. I saw this in the last two days of this rather hectic life that I have. I learned so much in these last few days than I had in the past few years. I have always been suspicious of people's motives or am always careful about whom I trust. Although I believe in Anne Frank's belief of all people having something good in them, I still hold back because I have seen betrayals. All I am doing is preventing myself from living each day to the fullest by holding back what I can give. Never again!

I will remind myself to tell my children how much I love them. I will show my friends how much I care. I will listen to every conversation directed my way or every problem brought to me. And yeah, I just might ask that cute surgeon out if I find out he's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment