Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post-Surgery

Four days out of surgery, I take out my bandages, all four of them. They look minuscule compared to the enormity of what passed through them. This puts into perspective the relevant from the irrelevant. At the time it was about to happen, it looked humongous. But in the greater scheme of things, it is but a drop in the ocean. There are still wars, there is famine, people have cancer. In this extremely vast universe of joys and sufferings, my little surgery was but an ordinary occurrence.

I only have an ear piercing, no tattoos or any other defilements on my holy temple. I never thought I would have to be ripped open by the scalpels of a world-class surgeon. It was not an impossibility but was a very remote possibility then, considering I am such a hypochondriac. But sometimes, one's best-laid plans don't come to fruition. Then again, even the falling of a leaf has a reason. This one is very obvious really. If not for event A leading to event B, it could have gotten worse. And it could be far more exciting. Let's wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment